Saturday, August 24, 2013

Blue Table Milk Paint on a Budget

This is my first DIY project I have attempted in a long time.  I have been going through my storage and getting pieces ready for my booth at, believe it or not "Treasure Hunt".  I had my blog before the Antique Mall was opened so I guess it was Meant To Be!!
I do not have a before picture, so I apologize.  I was so excited to get painting. 
My friend who is a faux painter and I decided to not get paint from someone else.  We opted to make our own and create our own colors.  You can see our simple DIY method for our milk paint at this post here.  Here we are featuring "Paradise Blue".


                                                         These were taken outside.




 
Love the distressed detail that was so easy to achieve with a little steel wool.

 
 
These were taken inside.
The table looks darker and richer inside. Remember, things change color in different lighting.




 
 
 
The original color was a dirty gold.  We went right over the color.  No priming or sanding.  Process was paint with the milk paint - 2 coats, medium steel wool instead of a sander, and a coat of clear wax.  Since this is my first milk paint experience I opted for a clear wax from the hardware store.  I have to budget Annie Sloan and Miss Mustard Seed into my budget for their waxes and brushes later.  I do want to try them but as you can see I can achieve very good results on a budget.  After visiting so many wonderful blogs out there I can also see that I need a better camera so I apologize for the not so great pictures.

I can see this table in a room with white walls, white furniture and/or white accessories.  It would look just as nice with creamy cream, such as Sherwin Williams Creamy.  (I just finished  painting my bathroom in it and it's a soft white creamy color.  Looks just how I imagined.  I have an island beach theme in the bathroom so it accentuates all my favorite accessories.)


Anice

No comments:

Post a Comment