Tuesday, August 27, 2013

DIY Shoe Rack for a Small Space

Shoes, shoes and more shoes!! With limited space in my closets and my love for shoes I was running out of room.  I had shoes in a plastic box under my bed and couldn't get to it easily.  I have sandals and flats hanging on my door which are easily accessible.  My dressy and professional heels needed to be sitting or hanging, not scrunched all over each other in a big plastic box. It was getting to be a big big dilema for me and I was getting really frustrated.

 
Under the bed......





I was hunting one day and saw this really cool distressed white ladder that was wide and not tall.  It was $15.00 so I told myself I had to find a use for it.  It was the middle of summer and gardening was at its peak so I figured it would work somewhere in the yard or garden.  To my dismay it was not working in the garden.  I was going to take it to my booth at the Antique Mall and use it for something but with only one wall I couldn't see it standing by itself.  And I haven't gotten my woodworking area together yet.

While cleaning my bedroom it just jumped into my head!  There is a spot of wall big enough next to my antique armoire/TV stand/filing cabinet.  Hmmmm.  That ladder/fence thing outside could hold all my high heels and very nicely I might add.  I went outside, scrubbed it really well with bleach water to make sure there wouldn't be any mold or bugs brought into my house.

When it dried I lugged it upstairs and have a look. 


 TaDa!!
 


I can now see what shoes I actually have and it actually looks organized!







Don't forget to add something soft to the back of anything you lean against the wall to protect the wall.  I was out of the felt you add to the bottom of chairs so they don't scratch the floors so I ended up using the soft heel inserts for high heels that are too big.   I found that impromptu solution quite appropriate for my new high heel rack!!






Once the creative juices get going it's amazing what just comes to us!! Happy Hunting!

Wishing you Peace,
Anice

No comments:

Post a Comment